Inland Empire News
Small plane crashes near baseball field near Corona airport
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A pilot is lucky to be alive after his light plane crashed near a little league field across from Corona Municipal Airport.
Airport officials say the plane was en route from John Wayne Airport when it lost power.
Witnesses say the plane was very low when it flew over the Corona Butterfield Park Baseball Field where several games were going on. It clipped some tree branches, began to cartwheel, crashed near the edge of the park and skidded across the street.
The pilot, identified as 49-year-old Alan Sinman of Corona, was taken to the hospital. There was no word on his condition.
riverside county, plane crash, inland empire news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy