Inland Empire News
Body found on fire in Hesperia neighborhood
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a man found ablaze on the side of a road in Hesperia early Sunday.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the blaze near the intersection of Mauna Loa Street and 7th Street around 6:37 a.m. Once they put out the flames, they discovered the man's partially dismembered remains.
Deputies have questioned neighbors but apparently no one saw the body set ablaze or suspect.
Homicide investigators will look into whether an accelerant was used when the body was set on fire, said Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Hesperia police have not released any information on whether the man was set on fire before or after he died. The coroner will determine the cause of death.
"The identification, the race, the age, all of that is unknown pending an autopsy," Bachman said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective M. Avila at (909) 387-3589 or Sheriff's dispatch at (760) 245-4211.
san bernardino county, body found, homicide investigation, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 44 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 35 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2