Inland Empire News
Body found on fire in Hesperia neighborhood
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a man found ablaze on the side of a road in Hesperia early Sunday.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the blaze near the intersection of Mauna Loa Street and 7th Street around 6:37 a.m. Once they put out the flames, they discovered the man's partially dismembered remains.
Deputies have questioned neighbors but apparently no one saw the body set ablaze or suspect.
Homicide investigators will look into whether an accelerant was used when the body was set on fire, said Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Hesperia police have not released any information on whether the man was set on fire before or after he died. The coroner will determine the cause of death.
"The identification, the race, the age, all of that is unknown pending an autopsy," Bachman said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective M. Avila at (909) 387-3589 or Sheriff's dispatch at (760) 245-4211.
san bernardino county, body found, homicide investigation, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 11 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart 40 min ago
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)