Inland Empire News
Body found on fire in Hesperia neighborhood
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a man found ablaze on the side of a road in Hesperia early Sunday.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the blaze near the intersection of Mauna Loa Street and 7th Street around 6:37 a.m. Once they put out the flames, they discovered the man's partially dismembered remains.
Deputies have questioned neighbors but apparently no one saw the body set ablaze or suspect.
Homicide investigators will look into whether an accelerant was used when the body was set on fire, said Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Hesperia police have not released any information on whether the man was set on fire before or after he died. The coroner will determine the cause of death.
"The identification, the race, the age, all of that is unknown pending an autopsy," Bachman said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective M. Avila at (909) 387-3589 or Sheriff's dispatch at (760) 245-4211.
san bernardino county, body found, homicide investigation, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 15 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 44 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour