Inland Empire News
Body found on fire in Hesperia neighborhood
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a man found ablaze on the side of a road in Hesperia early Sunday.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the blaze near the intersection of Mauna Loa Street and 7th Street around 6:37 a.m. Once they put out the flames, they discovered the man's partially dismembered remains.
Deputies have questioned neighbors but apparently no one saw the body set ablaze or suspect.
Homicide investigators will look into whether an accelerant was used when the body was set on fire, said Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Hesperia police have not released any information on whether the man was set on fire before or after he died. The coroner will determine the cause of death.
"The identification, the race, the age, all of that is unknown pending an autopsy," Bachman said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective M. Avila at (909) 387-3589 or Sheriff's dispatch at (760) 245-4211.
san bernardino county, body found, homicide investigation, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 43 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 42 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 39 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 40 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors