Inland Empire News
Body found on fire in Hesperia neighborhood
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a man found ablaze on the side of a road in Hesperia early Sunday.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the blaze near the intersection of Mauna Loa Street and 7th Street around 6:37 a.m. Once they put out the flames, they discovered the man's partially dismembered remains.
Deputies have questioned neighbors but apparently no one saw the body set ablaze or suspect.
Homicide investigators will look into whether an accelerant was used when the body was set on fire, said Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Hesperia police have not released any information on whether the man was set on fire before or after he died. The coroner will determine the cause of death.
"The identification, the race, the age, all of that is unknown pending an autopsy," Bachman said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective M. Avila at (909) 387-3589 or Sheriff's dispatch at (760) 245-4211.
san bernardino county, body found, homicide investigation, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 26 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Bear cub frequents Duarte for snacks
3 min ago