Inland Empire News
Teen driver who hit 8 Hemet High students won't be charged
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A teenager who hit eight students with his pickup truck outside Hemet High School will not face criminal charges.
Investigators determined the truck Daniel Carrillo was driving had brake problems, which he claimed. Investigators say Carrillo was in fact slowing down as he approached the crosswalk on May 30 and he attempted to stop.
Carrillo may be sited for the mechanical problems.
All eight victims survived. However, one suffered serious brain damage.
car crash, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family 4 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt 41 min ago
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians