Inland Empire News
Teen driver who hit 8 Hemet High students won't be charged
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A teenager who hit eight students with his pickup truck outside Hemet High School will not face criminal charges.
Investigators determined the truck Daniel Carrillo was driving had brake problems, which he claimed. Investigators say Carrillo was in fact slowing down as he approached the crosswalk on May 30 and he attempted to stop.
Carrillo may be sited for the mechanical problems.
All eight victims survived. However, one suffered serious brain damage.
car crash, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son