Inland Empire News
Highway 330 accident: Flatbed truck loses control, crushes Acura
SAN BERNARDINO MOUNTAINS (KABC) -- Two people were killed in an accident on Highway 330 in the San Bernardino Mountains that left a flatbed truck on top of another vehicle on Monday.
The accident happened about five miles north of the 210 Freeway just before 3 p.m. Authorities say the flatbed truck lost control for unknown reasons, and the driver was either ejected or jumped out. He was declared dead at the scene.
The unoccupied truck continued down Highway 330 before coming into contact with a white Acura RL. The flatbed ended up on top of the Acura, crushing it. A male driver was declared dead at the scene. A female passenger was rushed to a local hospital with unknown injuries.
Highway 330 was expected to be closed until at least 6:30 p.m.
accident, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report