Inland Empire News
Obama effigy in IE draws Secret Service visit
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Moreno Valley man got a visit from the Secret Service because of a Halloween decoration portraying President Barack Obama hanging by a noose.
According to the Press-Enterprise, Eddie Million meant it as a harmless prank. But the Secret Service said it could be seen as a threat against the president.
Million now admits the display was a bad idea, and he has since taken it down.
A similar effigy of Sarah Palin surfaced in West Hollywood just before the 2008 election. The homeowner took it down after protesters covered it up.
president barack obama, riverside county, inland empire news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book