Inland Empire News
Corona RV resort molestation suspect arrested
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 56-year-old man accused of trying to molest a 14-year-old at an RV resort in Corona was re-arrested a day after he bailed out of jail.
Police said they found forensics evidence that allowed them to charge Charles Russell Long with additional sex crimes. According to investigators, Long attempted a lewd act on the child Tuesday at the Glen Ivy RV Resort and showed the child pornographic material. He was arrested and released from jail on $5,000 bail later that day.
After further investigation, authorities discovered child pornography on Long's computer. He was taken into custody again on Wednesday and is currently being held on $1 million.
Officials say Long had been staying at the Glen Ivy RV Resort, but he frequented other campgrounds as far north as Davis.
Investigators said there may be additional victims. Anyone with information about the case was asked to call the Lake Elsinore Police Department at (951) 245-3000.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis