Inland Empire News
Cabazon car thieves steal $100K+ in property
CABAZON, Calif. (KABC) -- Detectives are searching for a woman they believe broke into cars outside the Cabazon Outlet Center and then went shopping with at least one of the stolen credit cards. Part of her alleged crime and shopping spree was caught on tape.
The woman was captured on surveillance video. Riverside County sheriff's investigators say the items she purchased at a Target store were bought with a stolen credit card.
"You can actually see her exiting one of the stores with the property she bought," said Riverside County Sheriff's Deputy Albert Martinez.
Investigators say the credit card was taken during a string of car break-ins within the retail district in Cabazon, and that the suspect went on a shopping spree, stopping at a Gap outlet store before her trip to a Target store in Riverside. They also believe she may not be acting alone.
In the past three months, investigators say there have been more than 50 car burglaries along Seminole Drive, resulting in more than $100,000 in lost property. That's a major concern for retailers as they head into the busy holiday shopping season. Shoppers should be aware.
If you can help detectives with information on this case, please call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Cabazon Station at (951) 922-7100.
burglary, caught on tape, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'