Inland Empire News
Sketch released in attempted kidnappings in Moreno Valley
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a man suspected of attempting to kidnap two female high school students on separate occasions in Moreno Valley Wednesday.
The first incident occurred on Cottonwood Avenue and Rockcrest Drive. The suspect approached a female high school student and asked her to get in his white minivan and spend time with him, according to a sheriff's news release.
A second attempted kidnapping was reported on Eucalyptus Avenue and Heacock Street.
In both cases, the suspect fled after the girls threatened to call police.
The suspect was described as a heavy set male in his 40s with unshaven and short, dark hair. The man was last seen wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 486-6700.
riverside county, kidnap, inland empire news
- Bell corruption trial: Jury reaches verdict 43 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 6 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 6 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 19 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown 29 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies 34 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke