Inland Empire News
Pedestrian killed by San Bernardino County sheriff's patrol car in Bloomington
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 54-year-old man is dead after being hit by a San Bernardino County sheriff's vehicle in Bloomington Sunday night.
The fatal accident happened around 9:15 p.m. at Cedar and Santa Ana avenues. The deputy was responding to call and was travelling southbound on Cedar Avenue when the pedestrian stepped into the No. 1 lane. Officials said the man was apparently trying to cross the street when he was hit. It's not clear if the man was jaywalking or if he had the right-of-way.
The man died at the scene. The deputy received major inuries and was transported to a local hospital.
The investigation is being handled by the California Highway Patrol.
accident, inland empire news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 54 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 47 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 38 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour 59 min ago
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
11 min ago