Inland Empire News
San Bernardino takes steps to disband police department
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino city officials took another step in the bankruptcy process that may lead to disbanding the city's police department.
Despite pleas from police officers not to give up on the department, the City Council voted Monday night to begin talks with the county sheriff's department to cover the city's law enforcement needs.
Supporters say they must put the option on the table to get the bankruptcy petition approved.
san bernardino county, budget, inland empire news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case 24 min ago
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Missing Nevada couple, 4 children found safe
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
11 min ago