Inland Empire News
San Bernardino takes steps to disband police department
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino city officials took another step in the bankruptcy process that may lead to disbanding the city's police department.
Despite pleas from police officers not to give up on the department, the City Council voted Monday night to begin talks with the county sheriff's department to cover the city's law enforcement needs.
Supporters say they must put the option on the table to get the bankruptcy petition approved.
san bernardino county, budget, inland empire news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys 2 min ago
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school 17 min ago
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture 48 min ago
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial 14 min ago
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Cool Kid creates a club to help seniors
12 min ago