Inland Empire News
Running Springs soldier Daniel Carlson dies in 1st Afghanistan deployment
RUNNING SPRINGS, Calif. (KABC) -- A local family learned Monday that their soldier, Army Specialist Daniel Carlson, died in Afghanistan over the weekend.
Army Specialist Daniel Carlson of Running Springs was killed Friday in Kandahar province. According to the Department of Defense, it was a non-combat death and the cause is under investigation.
The 21-year-old leaves behind a wife.
Carlson repaired Chinook helicopters and was based at Wheeler Army Airfield. This was his first deployment.
afghanistan war, u.s. military, u.s. troops, inland empire news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks