Inland Empire News
Running Springs soldier Daniel Carlson dies in 1st Afghanistan deployment
RUNNING SPRINGS, Calif. (KABC) -- A local family learned Monday that their soldier, Army Specialist Daniel Carlson, died in Afghanistan over the weekend.
Army Specialist Daniel Carlson of Running Springs was killed Friday in Kandahar province. According to the Department of Defense, it was a non-combat death and the cause is under investigation.
The 21-year-old leaves behind a wife.
Carlson repaired Chinook helicopters and was based at Wheeler Army Airfield. This was his first deployment.
afghanistan war, u.s. military, u.s. troops, inland empire news
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 30 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 8 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover 1 min ago
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
42 min ago