Inland Empire News
Fontana industrial accident: 1 dead, 1 hurt
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A worker has died and another was seriously injured in an industrial accident in Fontana on Monday morning.
Authorities responded to Oldcastle Precast at the 10650 Hemlock Ave. just before 7:30 a.m. A man in his 40s was declared dead at the scene. The family identified him as Fernando Quezada.
A second worker, a man in his 20s, was rushed to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
According to the preliminary investigation, the workers were outside in an area used to coil cable under high pressure when a portion of a cable being rolled snapped, striking both men.
The San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office and Cal/OSHA are investigating, as is standard in workplace fatalities or serious injuries.
Quezada's family says the victim leaves behind a wife, two children and three grandchildren.
san bernardino county, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 35 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin 46 min ago
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt 10 min ago
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10 46 min ago
- ABC7 Eyewitness News Live Video
3 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
17 min ago