Inland Empire News
Fontana industrial accident: 1 dead, 1 hurt
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A worker has died and another was seriously injured in an industrial accident in Fontana on Monday morning.
Authorities responded to Oldcastle Precast at the 10650 Hemlock Ave. just before 7:30 a.m. A man in his 40s was declared dead at the scene. The family identified him as Fernando Quezada.
A second worker, a man in his 20s, was rushed to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
According to the preliminary investigation, the workers were outside in an area used to coil cable under high pressure when a portion of a cable being rolled snapped, striking both men.
The San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office and Cal/OSHA are investigating, as is standard in workplace fatalities or serious injuries.
Quezada's family says the victim leaves behind a wife, two children and three grandchildren.
san bernardino county, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book