Inland Empire News
Fontana industrial accident: 1 dead, 1 hurt
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A worker has died and another was seriously injured in an industrial accident in Fontana on Monday morning.
Authorities responded to Oldcastle Precast at the 10650 Hemlock Ave. just before 7:30 a.m. A man in his 40s was declared dead at the scene. The family identified him as Fernando Quezada.
A second worker, a man in his 20s, was rushed to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
According to the preliminary investigation, the workers were outside in an area used to coil cable under high pressure when a portion of a cable being rolled snapped, striking both men.
The San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office and Cal/OSHA are investigating, as is standard in workplace fatalities or serious injuries.
Quezada's family says the victim leaves behind a wife, two children and three grandchildren.
san bernardino county, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 43 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 39 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 35 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Luxury-grade SUVs increasingly popular
3 min ago