Inland Empire News
Deputies shoot, kill man at scene of Crestline house fire
CRESTLINE, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies at the scene of a house fire in Crestline on Monday morning shot and killed a man they say approached them while reaching for his waistband.
Fire crews and deputies responded to a 911 call of a dispute and residential fire in the 22900 block of Redwood Way at 9:58 a.m. The caller allegedly informed them that there were firearms and explosives inside the home.
Arriving deputies said they saw a suspect, identified only as a 56-year-old man, running from the home. They said they confronted him in the back of the home.
"The male started walking towards them, they told him to stop, show his hands, the male refused to comply with them, continued walking towards them and put his hand in his waistband, and an officer-involved shooting occurred," said Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sheriff's officials did not say whether the man was found to be armed.
A neighbor said she heard a lot of shouting prior to the gunfire.
Officials said several other family members were at the residence at the time and a woman was transported to a local hospital for unknown reasons.
san bernardino county, deputy-involved shooting, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 13 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 4 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 9 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
2 min ago