Inland Empire News
Temecula man arrested for beating, robbing juvenile
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was taken into custody Saturday, accused of attacking and robbing a 17-year-old male juvenile.
Authorities arrested 18-year-old Joseph Scott after he entered the same emergency room where the juvenile he robbed and attacked was being treated.
The alleged incident occurred around 9:25 p.m. as the 17-year-old victim walked on Benton Road, east of Winchester Road. Temecula police say the juvenile was approached by Scott and four other males. The men demanded that he hand over all of his personal belongings.
When he refused, police say Scott punched him to the ground and a fight ensued. As it escalated, the other men proceeded to rob the male juvenile of his personal belongings.
The victim ran home and was taken to an area hospital by family members. While at the hospital, he saw Scott and alerted his family members, who then detained the suspect until police arrived.
Scott was arrested and booked at the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Southwest Detention Center in Murrieta for robbery and battery with serious injury.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact the Temecula Police Department at (951) 696-3000.
riverside county, san bernardino county, fight, robbery, arrest, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months