Inland Empire News
Temecula man arrested for beating, robbing juvenile
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was taken into custody Saturday, accused of attacking and robbing a 17-year-old male juvenile.
Authorities arrested 18-year-old Joseph Scott after he entered the same emergency room where the juvenile he robbed and attacked was being treated.
The alleged incident occurred around 9:25 p.m. as the 17-year-old victim walked on Benton Road, east of Winchester Road. Temecula police say the juvenile was approached by Scott and four other males. The men demanded that he hand over all of his personal belongings.
When he refused, police say Scott punched him to the ground and a fight ensued. As it escalated, the other men proceeded to rob the male juvenile of his personal belongings.
The victim ran home and was taken to an area hospital by family members. While at the hospital, he saw Scott and alerted his family members, who then detained the suspect until police arrived.
Scott was arrested and booked at the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Southwest Detention Center in Murrieta for robbery and battery with serious injury.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact the Temecula Police Department at (951) 696-3000.
riverside county, san bernardino county, fight, robbery, arrest, inland empire news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 6 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43 11 min ago
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
58 min ago