Inland Empire News
Temecula man arrested for beating, robbing juvenile
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was taken into custody Saturday, accused of attacking and robbing a 17-year-old male juvenile.
Authorities arrested 18-year-old Joseph Scott after he entered the same emergency room where the juvenile he robbed and attacked was being treated.
The alleged incident occurred around 9:25 p.m. as the 17-year-old victim walked on Benton Road, east of Winchester Road. Temecula police say the juvenile was approached by Scott and four other males. The men demanded that he hand over all of his personal belongings.
When he refused, police say Scott punched him to the ground and a fight ensued. As it escalated, the other men proceeded to rob the male juvenile of his personal belongings.
The victim ran home and was taken to an area hospital by family members. While at the hospital, he saw Scott and alerted his family members, who then detained the suspect until police arrived.
Scott was arrested and booked at the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Southwest Detention Center in Murrieta for robbery and battery with serious injury.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact the Temecula Police Department at (951) 696-3000.
riverside county, san bernardino county, fight, robbery, arrest, inland empire news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)