Inland Empire News
Man arrested after stabbing customer at Wendy's in Highland
HIGHLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A Highland man is in custody facing charges for a bizarre attack at a fast food restaurant on the 27,800 block of Baseline Street in Highland.
San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies say Christopher Joel Madura, 32, entered a Wendy's around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and ranted about being poisoned before pepper-spraying customers and stabbing a man in the chest.
"The victim was carried to the back of the restaurant by employees while one employee named Jovanny fought the suspect off with a hand dolly," said Andy Garcia of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
The victim was rushed to Loma Linda University Medical Center and is listed in critical condition.
Madura was arrested outside the restaurant on suspicion of attempted murder. He is being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
arrest, stabbing, inland empire news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)