Inland Empire News
Man arrested after stabbing customer at Wendy's in Highland
HIGHLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A Highland man is in custody facing charges for a bizarre attack at a fast food restaurant on the 27,800 block of Baseline Street in Highland.
San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies say Christopher Joel Madura, 32, entered a Wendy's around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and ranted about being poisoned before pepper-spraying customers and stabbing a man in the chest.
"The victim was carried to the back of the restaurant by employees while one employee named Jovanny fought the suspect off with a hand dolly," said Andy Garcia of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
The victim was rushed to Loma Linda University Medical Center and is listed in critical condition.
Madura was arrested outside the restaurant on suspicion of attempted murder. He is being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
arrest, stabbing, inland empire news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 5 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 38 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break