Inland Empire News
Ontario man fatally shot in parking lot; woman in custody
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman is suspected of fatally shooting a man in an Ontario retail parking lot.
Ontario police responded to a report of a shooting in the 2200 block of South Euclid Avenue around 2:06 p.m. Wednesday. The victim, an unidentified 49-year-old man, was transported to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The suspect, Patricia Gonzalez DeReynaga, 36, of Ontario, was taken into custrody at her home in the 300 block of East Philadelphia Street.
DeReynaga will be booked at West Valley Detention Center on murder charges. The motive for the shooting is under investigation.
Anyone with information should call the Ontario Police Department at (909) 986-6711 or (909) 395-2777.
shooting, inland empire news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 35 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 41 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 43 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks