Inland Empire News
Black Friday thieves tried to use stolen credit cards at Murrieta Target
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects were arrested for allegedly attempting to use a stolen credit card to purchase a laptop computer at Target on Black Friday.
The incident occured at the Target on the 41000 block of California Oaks Road in Murrieta.
According to police, a loss prevention officer recognized the man, who had a very distinct brass knuckles facial tattoo, and identified him as a suspect responsible for earlier thefts.
The suspect, later identified as 29-year-old Jeffrey Michael Cole, had returned to Target with his alleged accomplice, 20-year-old Jinny Francis Angels, to buy a laptop computer.
As soon as prevention officers recognized the suspect, they alerted the Murrieta Police Department who arrived just as Cole and Angels began to drive away through the parking lot.
The suspects failed to yield when officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop. Authorities say the pair then led police on a high-speed chase and began throwing items out of the vehicle's windows.
Cole, who was driving, stopped the vehicle at a nearby restaurant. The pair then attempted to flee on foot. They were caught and arrested shortly after.
The investigation later revealed that the credit card Cole allegedly used had been reported stolen from a vehicle at LA fitness. Officers also learned the items the suspects threw out the windows were stolen during prior vehicle burglaries.
Cole and Angels were both booked into the Southwest Detention Facility on multiple charges including second-degree burglary.
arrest, robbery, car chase, fraud, riverside county, inland empire news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 12 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 52 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 55 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
14 min ago