Inland Empire News
Patient's records accessed after health center burglary
ADELANTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Patient's medical records at Westside Park Elementary School Based Health Center may have been accessed when the clinic was burglarized.
According to officials, staff discovered the clinic had been burglarized upon arriving at work on Oct. 1.
The suspected burglars broke into filing cabinets and a locked room containing the clinic's medical records. Breached information on patients included their names, medical record numbers, addresses, social security numbers, birth dates, and health conditions.
Officials do not believe the burglars, who authorities said stole a television, were interested in obtaining medical records but have notified patients to keep watch for fraudulent use.
"There has been no indication that personal or protected health information has been used by unauthorized individuals, Meaghan Ellis, Chief of Community Health Services and Health Center Director, said in a released statement. "We sincerely regret that this situation occurred."
The clinic's management system accounted and verified 1,370 records after the burglary. A security guard has also been posted at the side during the Adelanto clinic's closing hours.
Anyone suspecting or concerned about fraudulent use of personal information can contact one of the following credit bureaus to request a credit report or to establish credit monitoring: Equifax (800) 525-6285, Experian (888) 397-3742 or TransUnion (800) 680-7289.
Anyone with questions regarding the burglary was asked to contact the Department of Public Health at (888) 589-0010.
san bernardino county, burglary, health, fraud, inland empire news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 12 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin 59 min ago
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt 23 min ago
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10 59 min ago
- ABC7 Eyewitness News Live Video
16 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
30 min ago