Inland Empire News
Patient's records accessed after health center burglary
ADELANTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Patient's medical records at Westside Park Elementary School Based Health Center may have been accessed when the clinic was burglarized.
According to officials, staff discovered the clinic had been burglarized upon arriving at work on Oct. 1.
The suspected burglars broke into filing cabinets and a locked room containing the clinic's medical records. Breached information on patients included their names, medical record numbers, addresses, social security numbers, birth dates, and health conditions.
Officials do not believe the burglars, who authorities said stole a television, were interested in obtaining medical records but have notified patients to keep watch for fraudulent use.
"There has been no indication that personal or protected health information has been used by unauthorized individuals, Meaghan Ellis, Chief of Community Health Services and Health Center Director, said in a released statement. "We sincerely regret that this situation occurred."
The clinic's management system accounted and verified 1,370 records after the burglary. A security guard has also been posted at the side during the Adelanto clinic's closing hours.
Anyone suspecting or concerned about fraudulent use of personal information can contact one of the following credit bureaus to request a credit report or to establish credit monitoring: Equifax (800) 525-6285, Experian (888) 397-3742 or TransUnion (800) 680-7289.
Anyone with questions regarding the burglary was asked to contact the Department of Public Health at (888) 589-0010.
san bernardino county, burglary, health, fraud, inland empire news
- Southern California heat expected to die down 25 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
25 min ago