Inland Empire News
Patient's records accessed after health center burglary
ADELANTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Patient's medical records at Westside Park Elementary School Based Health Center may have been accessed when the clinic was burglarized.
According to officials, staff discovered the clinic had been burglarized upon arriving at work on Oct. 1.
The suspected burglars broke into filing cabinets and a locked room containing the clinic's medical records. Breached information on patients included their names, medical record numbers, addresses, social security numbers, birth dates, and health conditions.
Officials do not believe the burglars, who authorities said stole a television, were interested in obtaining medical records but have notified patients to keep watch for fraudulent use.
"There has been no indication that personal or protected health information has been used by unauthorized individuals, Meaghan Ellis, Chief of Community Health Services and Health Center Director, said in a released statement. "We sincerely regret that this situation occurred."
The clinic's management system accounted and verified 1,370 records after the burglary. A security guard has also been posted at the side during the Adelanto clinic's closing hours.
Anyone suspecting or concerned about fraudulent use of personal information can contact one of the following credit bureaus to request a credit report or to establish credit monitoring: Equifax (800) 525-6285, Experian (888) 397-3742 or TransUnion (800) 680-7289.
Anyone with questions regarding the burglary was asked to contact the Department of Public Health at (888) 589-0010.
san bernardino county, burglary, health, fraud, inland empire news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour