Inland Empire News
IE band teacher accused of child molestation
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Inland Empire high school band coach faces child molestation charges.
Police arrested Garrett Karlin at his home in Murrieta on Nov. 20. The 23-year-old was a part-time employee of Murrieta Valley Unified School District. He worked as a summer camp band coach.
Investigators say he developed a personal friendship with a 15-year-old band member which lasted for over a year. Police say Karlin also worked as the victim's private music teacher.
The alleged molestation took place off campus and away from school activities.
Karlin was booked at Southwest Jail for multiple counts including sexual battery, child annoyance or molestation and offering to distribute harmful matter to a minor.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Murrieta police.
riverside county, school, sex crimes, arrest, inland empire news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- 1 shot, killed at North Hills nursing facility 8 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions