Inland Empire News
Army trainer arrested for sex with 13-year-old boy
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Army recruitment center trainer was arrested, accused of molesting a boy he met online. Police want to know if there are other victims.
Rancho Cucamonga resident Jose Eduardo Estrada, 34, is accused of sexual assaulting a 13-year-old boy. Estrada is an active-duty soldier in the U.S. Army.
"Right now we're in the investigation process so we haven't really got much of the details on the case yet. So right now he's an active AGR [Active Guard Reserve] soldier with us," said U.S. Army Sgt. Alec Appleton. Appleton said Estrada is a trainer at an Army recruitment center in Upland.
Appleton said people at the recruitment center are understandably shocked to hear that one of their own is accused of meeting a teenager in an online chat room, meeting him and then sodomizing him.
"We never thought that something like this would happen, so right now it's kind of surprising to us all," said Appleton.
After meeting in the chat room and exchanging phone numbers, Estrada told the boy to come to his apartment complex, where the alleged sex acts occurred.
"The incident was reported to Rancho Cucamonga Police and the detectives arrested Jose Estrada on Monday at his home," said Cindy Bachman, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Dept. spokeswoman.
Police released Estrada's booking photo due to concerns there might be other potential victims.
"He has lived in other states, and they are concerned that there could be other minors out there who were victimized by him," said Bachman.
Estrada was charged with lewd and lascivious acts with a minor and sodomy with a person under 18 years of age. He was held at West Valley Detention Center on $750,000 bond.
If you have information related to this case, call Rancho Cucamonga Police at (909) 477-2800.
arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 22 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 58 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Gay couple plans wedding on Rose Parade float
2 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
52 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
53 min ago