Inland Empire News
Murder suspect barricaded in Upland apartment complex
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A murder suspect was barricaded in an apartment complex in Upland on Thursday, forcing nearby residents to evacuate.
The sheriff's department said the suspect was wanted for the murder of 34-year-old Miguel Duarte of El Monte in October. Evidence led detectives to the apartment complex in the 1400 block of West 7th Street at about 9:30 a.m.
Officers moved in and tried to make an arrest, but the suspect barricaded himself inside the apartment. Police were unsure if the suspect is armed. It was unknown if there is anyone else inside the apartment.
About 30 apartment units were evacuated.
The suspect was taken into custody about 7:30 p.m. with the assistance of a K-9 dog. The man was injured during the arrest and was treated.
City News Service contributed to this report.
blockade, murder, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds