Inland Empire News
Murder suspect barricaded in Upland apartment complex
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A murder suspect was barricaded in an apartment complex in Upland on Thursday, forcing nearby residents to evacuate.
The sheriff's department said the suspect was wanted for the murder of 34-year-old Miguel Duarte of El Monte in October. Evidence led detectives to the apartment complex in the 1400 block of West 7th Street at about 9:30 a.m.
Officers moved in and tried to make an arrest, but the suspect barricaded himself inside the apartment. Police were unsure if the suspect is armed. It was unknown if there is anyone else inside the apartment.
About 30 apartment units were evacuated.
The suspect was taken into custody about 7:30 p.m. with the assistance of a K-9 dog. The man was injured during the arrest and was treated.
City News Service contributed to this report.
blockade, murder, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 13 min ago
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims 7 min ago
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed 49 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale 15 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
39 min ago