Inland Empire News
Armed robbery suspect killed in Highland deputy shooting
HIGHLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- An alleged armed and dangerous robbery suspect was shot dead in an altercation with deputies in Highland Friday.
Clyde Ryan Murray, 33, of Hemet was wanted for a slew of armed robberies throughout the Inland Empire including robberies in Highland, San Bernardino and Redlands.
After receiving a tip that Murray had checked in as a guest at the Days Inn, sheriff's deputies from the Specialized Enforcement Division began surveilling the motel located at 1358 East Highland Avenue around 10 p.m. Thursday.
Authorities say the shooting occurred as the robbery suspect exited his room around 9:26 a.m. Friday.
The suspect was taken to Loma Linda Medical Center. Despite extensive resuscitative efforts, Murray was pronounced dead shortly after.
Details on what prompted the shooting were not released but accordiing to authorities, Murray was found to be in possession of a handgun.
The investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information was urged to contact Detective Joe Janowicz, Homicide Detail at (909) 387-3589.
san bernardino county, deputy-involved shooting, shooting, robbery, inland empire news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 52 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 36 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians