Inland Empire News
Armed robbery suspect killed in Highland deputy shooting
HIGHLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- An alleged armed and dangerous robbery suspect was shot dead in an altercation with deputies in Highland Friday.
Clyde Ryan Murray, 33, of Hemet was wanted for a slew of armed robberies throughout the Inland Empire including robberies in Highland, San Bernardino and Redlands.
After receiving a tip that Murray had checked in as a guest at the Days Inn, sheriff's deputies from the Specialized Enforcement Division began surveilling the motel located at 1358 East Highland Avenue around 10 p.m. Thursday.
Authorities say the shooting occurred as the robbery suspect exited his room around 9:26 a.m. Friday.
The suspect was taken to Loma Linda Medical Center. Despite extensive resuscitative efforts, Murray was pronounced dead shortly after.
Details on what prompted the shooting were not released but accordiing to authorities, Murray was found to be in possession of a handgun.
The investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information was urged to contact Detective Joe Janowicz, Homicide Detail at (909) 387-3589.
san bernardino county, deputy-involved shooting, shooting, robbery, inland empire news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour