Inland Empire News
Armed robbery suspect killed in Highland deputy shooting
HIGHLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- An alleged armed and dangerous robbery suspect was shot dead in an altercation with deputies in Highland Friday.
Clyde Ryan Murray, 33, of Hemet was wanted for a slew of armed robberies throughout the Inland Empire including robberies in Highland, San Bernardino and Redlands.
After receiving a tip that Murray had checked in as a guest at the Days Inn, sheriff's deputies from the Specialized Enforcement Division began surveilling the motel located at 1358 East Highland Avenue around 10 p.m. Thursday.
Authorities say the shooting occurred as the robbery suspect exited his room around 9:26 a.m. Friday.
The suspect was taken to Loma Linda Medical Center. Despite extensive resuscitative efforts, Murray was pronounced dead shortly after.
Details on what prompted the shooting were not released but accordiing to authorities, Murray was found to be in possession of a handgun.
The investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information was urged to contact Detective Joe Janowicz, Homicide Detail at (909) 387-3589.
san bernardino county, deputy-involved shooting, shooting, robbery, inland empire news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash 20 min ago
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway 17 min ago
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'