Inland Empire News
Man arrested in Jurupa Valley home invasion
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect has been arrested but three others are at large following a home invasion in Jurupa Valley.
The robbery happened in the 11000 block of Gemini Court around 12:24 p.m. Friday.
Police say four men entered the victims' residence. The robbers took money and weapons from inside the home before fleeing in a grey Mitsubishi Montero.
With assistance from surrounding agencies and the Riverside Police Department, police were able to locate the suspects' getaway vehicle in the 5000 block of Olivewood Avenue in the city of Riverside.
Richard Casillas, 32, of Riverside was arrested without incident after he left his residence in the vehicle and crashed near Third and Market streets.
During the ongoing investigation, Jurupa police served a search warrant at Casillas' home and recovered the victim's stolen property.
Casillas was booked on conspiring to commit a home invasion robbery and possession of stolen property charges at the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside.
The victim was not harmed during the burglary.
Anyone with information on the burglary and or the whereabouts of the other three suspects was asked to call Detective B. Johnson of the Jurupa Valley Police Department at (951) 955-2600.
riverside county, arrest, home invasion, burglary, car crash, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect found after escaping from police 2 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
39 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago