Inland Empire News
Man arrested in Jurupa Valley home invasion
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect has been arrested but three others are at large following a home invasion in Jurupa Valley.
The robbery happened in the 11000 block of Gemini Court around 12:24 p.m. Friday.
Police say four men entered the victims' residence. The robbers took money and weapons from inside the home before fleeing in a grey Mitsubishi Montero.
With assistance from surrounding agencies and the Riverside Police Department, police were able to locate the suspects' getaway vehicle in the 5000 block of Olivewood Avenue in the city of Riverside.
Richard Casillas, 32, of Riverside was arrested without incident after he left his residence in the vehicle and crashed near Third and Market streets.
During the ongoing investigation, Jurupa police served a search warrant at Casillas' home and recovered the victim's stolen property.
Casillas was booked on conspiring to commit a home invasion robbery and possession of stolen property charges at the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside.
The victim was not harmed during the burglary.
Anyone with information on the burglary and or the whereabouts of the other three suspects was asked to call Detective B. Johnson of the Jurupa Valley Police Department at (951) 955-2600.
riverside county, arrest, home invasion, burglary, car crash, inland empire news
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery 4 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 55 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay 17 min ago
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Dr. Oz discusses testosterone levels, obesity
2 min ago