Inland Empire News
Corona man arrested for sexually abusing girls
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police investigate a suspected sexual predator accused of having sex with two teenage sisters. He's arrested at a motel with three other young girls, one of them his own teen daughter.
The investigation into suspected sexual abuse of two sisters leads police to the suspect and three additional young girls. Investigators released the suspect's picture, hoping to find other possible victims.
Corona Police say they were looking into the possible sex abuse of a 15-year-old girl, which led to the arrest of the suspect. During their investigation they discovered there was another possible victim out there.
Paul Iturzaeta is behind bars for allegedly having a sexual relationship with two underage girls. Corona Police say the 15- and 17-year-old victims are sisters.
"Through that investigation we determined that he had also been having a sexual relationship with that victim's 17-year-old sister for the past two years," said Corona Police Lt. Neil Reynolds.
Detectives obtained a warrant to search the home the suspect shares with his 16-year-old daughter and elderly mother.
Eyewitness News spoke to Iturzaeta's mother, who asked not to be identified. She says she was unaware of the charges against her 43-year-old son.
"That's the allegation. I don't know if it's true," she said.
Thursday evening Corona Police arrested Iturzaeta outside a local motel. They say he was in the company of his daughter and two of her friends.
Since then his mother has been without her son or granddaughter.
"I miss him, you know, and also because the daughter, they took the daughter too and put her in a foster home," she said.
And this is not the first time Iturzaeta has come to the attention of Corona Police. In 2008 he was arrested for annoying and molesting a 13-year-old girl. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of disturbing the peace.
Iturzaeta is being charged with six counts of sexual assault on a minor. He was held on $3 million bond. He's scheduled for arraignment next week.
If you have information related to the case, contact the Corona Police Dept. at (951) 279-3623.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter