Inland Empire News
Corona man arrested for sexually abusing girls
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police investigate a suspected sexual predator accused of having sex with two teenage sisters. He's arrested at a motel with three other young girls, one of them his own teen daughter.
The investigation into suspected sexual abuse of two sisters leads police to the suspect and three additional young girls. Investigators released the suspect's picture, hoping to find other possible victims.
Corona Police say they were looking into the possible sex abuse of a 15-year-old girl, which led to the arrest of the suspect. During their investigation they discovered there was another possible victim out there.
Paul Iturzaeta is behind bars for allegedly having a sexual relationship with two underage girls. Corona Police say the 15- and 17-year-old victims are sisters.
"Through that investigation we determined that he had also been having a sexual relationship with that victim's 17-year-old sister for the past two years," said Corona Police Lt. Neil Reynolds.
Detectives obtained a warrant to search the home the suspect shares with his 16-year-old daughter and elderly mother.
Eyewitness News spoke to Iturzaeta's mother, who asked not to be identified. She says she was unaware of the charges against her 43-year-old son.
"That's the allegation. I don't know if it's true," she said.
Thursday evening Corona Police arrested Iturzaeta outside a local motel. They say he was in the company of his daughter and two of her friends.
Since then his mother has been without her son or granddaughter.
"I miss him, you know, and also because the daughter, they took the daughter too and put her in a foster home," she said.
And this is not the first time Iturzaeta has come to the attention of Corona Police. In 2008 he was arrested for annoying and molesting a 13-year-old girl. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of disturbing the peace.
Iturzaeta is being charged with six counts of sexual assault on a minor. He was held on $3 million bond. He's scheduled for arraignment next week.
If you have information related to the case, contact the Corona Police Dept. at (951) 279-3623.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 17 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing 6 min ago
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy 35 min ago