Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley man allegedly stole same Bentley twice
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Jurupa Valley man was arrested twice in the span of four days for stealing the same luxury Bentley.
Riverside sheriff's officials say Robert Ponti, 46, was first arrested on Tuesday after deputies say they watched him get into a stolen 2005 Bentley coupe parked outside a Jurupa Valley home.
The car had been reported stolen from Brea while the owners were out of town. Ponti was pulled over and arrested, along with a passenger, 37-year-old Johnny Villarreal of Jurupa Valley. Ponti was released Wednesday after posting $5,000 bail.
On Friday, deputies saw the car parked outside the same residence, found Ponti at the home and took him back into custody. The car was seized.
Investigators say Ponti fraudulently obtained the Bentley from a tow yard where it was taken after the first theft.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 44 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 6 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 5 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 14 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 19 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...