Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley man allegedly stole same Bentley twice
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Jurupa Valley man was arrested twice in the span of four days for stealing the same luxury Bentley.
Riverside sheriff's officials say Robert Ponti, 46, was first arrested on Tuesday after deputies say they watched him get into a stolen 2005 Bentley coupe parked outside a Jurupa Valley home.
The car had been reported stolen from Brea while the owners were out of town. Ponti was pulled over and arrested, along with a passenger, 37-year-old Johnny Villarreal of Jurupa Valley. Ponti was released Wednesday after posting $5,000 bail.
On Friday, deputies saw the car parked outside the same residence, found Ponti at the home and took him back into custody. The car was seized.
Investigators say Ponti fraudulently obtained the Bentley from a tow yard where it was taken after the first theft.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 4 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling 54 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 47 min ago