Inland Empire News
Machete-wielding man robs Target in Eastvale
EASTVALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man armed with a machete is accused of stealing from a store in the Inland Empire.
Thomas Robert Johnston, 50, of Indio was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Saturday at a Target located in the Eastvale Gateway Shopping Center at 12471 Limonite Avenue.
Riverside County deputies say they spotted Johnston behaving suspiciously near the outlet. When deputies questioned him and learned he was on probation, the suspect was searched. Deputies found several stolen items from the store in his clothing and a machete tucked down his pants.
The items were returned. Johnston was arrested and taken to the Robert Presley Jail in Riverside. He faces burglary, possession of stolen property, possession of a weapon, and probation violation charges.
arrest, robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 13 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 31 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 37 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Kansas Jewish center reopens after shooting 14 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break