Inland Empire News
Machete-wielding man robs Target in Eastvale
EASTVALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man armed with a machete is accused of stealing from a store in the Inland Empire.
Thomas Robert Johnston, 50, of Indio was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Saturday at a Target located in the Eastvale Gateway Shopping Center at 12471 Limonite Avenue.
Riverside County deputies say they spotted Johnston behaving suspiciously near the outlet. When deputies questioned him and learned he was on probation, the suspect was searched. Deputies found several stolen items from the store in his clothing and a machete tucked down his pants.
The items were returned. Johnston was arrested and taken to the Robert Presley Jail in Riverside. He faces burglary, possession of stolen property, possession of a weapon, and probation violation charges.
arrest, robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- How food inspectors grade restaurants
7 min ago