Inland Empire News
Machete-wielding man robs Target in Eastvale
EASTVALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man armed with a machete is accused of stealing from a store in the Inland Empire.
Thomas Robert Johnston, 50, of Indio was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Saturday at a Target located in the Eastvale Gateway Shopping Center at 12471 Limonite Avenue.
Riverside County deputies say they spotted Johnston behaving suspiciously near the outlet. When deputies questioned him and learned he was on probation, the suspect was searched. Deputies found several stolen items from the store in his clothing and a machete tucked down his pants.
The items were returned. Johnston was arrested and taken to the Robert Presley Jail in Riverside. He faces burglary, possession of stolen property, possession of a weapon, and probation violation charges.
arrest, robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 33 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 33 min ago
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman Trophy 53 min ago
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus is MTV's Artist of the Year