Inland Empire News
Machete-wielding man robs Target in Eastvale
EASTVALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man armed with a machete is accused of stealing from a store in the Inland Empire.
Thomas Robert Johnston, 50, of Indio was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Saturday at a Target located in the Eastvale Gateway Shopping Center at 12471 Limonite Avenue.
Riverside County deputies say they spotted Johnston behaving suspiciously near the outlet. When deputies questioned him and learned he was on probation, the suspect was searched. Deputies found several stolen items from the store in his clothing and a machete tucked down his pants.
The items were returned. Johnston was arrested and taken to the Robert Presley Jail in Riverside. He faces burglary, possession of stolen property, possession of a weapon, and probation violation charges.
arrest, robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 9 min ago
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator 24 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
2 min ago