Inland Empire News
Machete-wielding man robs Target in Eastvale
EASTVALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man armed with a machete is accused of stealing from a store in the Inland Empire.
Thomas Robert Johnston, 50, of Indio was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Saturday at a Target located in the Eastvale Gateway Shopping Center at 12471 Limonite Avenue.
Riverside County deputies say they spotted Johnston behaving suspiciously near the outlet. When deputies questioned him and learned he was on probation, the suspect was searched. Deputies found several stolen items from the store in his clothing and a machete tucked down his pants.
The items were returned. Johnston was arrested and taken to the Robert Presley Jail in Riverside. He faces burglary, possession of stolen property, possession of a weapon, and probation violation charges.
arrest, robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice 5 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees