Inland Empire News
San Jacinto 7-Eleven clerk beaten while unconscious
SAN JACINTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A clerk at a 7-Eleven in San Jacinto was beaten by a man who was allegedly trying to steal beer from the store.
The San Jacinto Police Department received a call about an assault at the convenience store located on the 1400 block of South San Jacinto Avenue at about 2:21 a.m. Sunday.
Authorities say a Hispanic male entered the store and walked out with a 40-ounce bottle of beer. The clerk tried to stop by him following him outside. That's when investigators say the clerk fell and was knocked unconscious.
The suspect initially ran from the scene but returned to the clerk and struck him with the beer bottle. Authorities say the suspect then punched the clerk repeatedly with his fists as the victim lay unconscious. The suspect then fled the scene. Investigators were not able to track him down.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the San Jacinto Police Department's Detective Bureau at (951) 654-2702.
riverside county, inland empire news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back 18 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building 2 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book