Inland Empire News
San Jacinto 7-Eleven clerk beaten while unconscious
SAN JACINTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A clerk at a 7-Eleven in San Jacinto was beaten by a man who was allegedly trying to steal beer from the store.
The San Jacinto Police Department received a call about an assault at the convenience store located on the 1400 block of South San Jacinto Avenue at about 2:21 a.m. Sunday.
Authorities say a Hispanic male entered the store and walked out with a 40-ounce bottle of beer. The clerk tried to stop by him following him outside. That's when investigators say the clerk fell and was knocked unconscious.
The suspect initially ran from the scene but returned to the clerk and struck him with the beer bottle. Authorities say the suspect then punched the clerk repeatedly with his fists as the victim lay unconscious. The suspect then fled the scene. Investigators were not able to track him down.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the San Jacinto Police Department's Detective Bureau at (951) 654-2702.
riverside county, inland empire news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 19 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 32 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis