Inland Empire News
Perris man, reported missing, found dead in field
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who was reported missing in Perris was found dead by deputies in a field.
Deputies were called to the area of Evans Road and Orange Street regarding a missing person. Authorities were told the missing man took his dog for a walk early Sunday morning.
During a search at a nearby field, investigators found the body of a man matching the description of the missing person. According to officials, the deputy who discovered the body was attacked by the deceased man's pit bull. In self defense, the deputy shot and killed the dog.
The investigation continues into the man's death. A cause was not yet determined.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to contact the Riverside County Sheriff's Department's Perris Station.
missing person, body found, riverside county, inland empire news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2