Inland Empire News
Suspected car thief leads authorities on chase in Moreno Valley
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who allegedly stole a car was arrested after leading police on a chase through the streets of Moreno Valley.
The pursuit began Friday night after police spotted a stolen vehicle near Ironwood Avenue and Heacock Street. When officers tried to stop the car, the driver, identified as 31-year-old Danny Varelas, gave chase.
Riverside County Sheriff's took over the chase shortly before Varelas collided with another car at Lasselle Street and Krameria Avenue. Varelas sustained minor injuries and was treated before he was taken to jail. Three young adults inside the other vehicle sustained minor abrasions but denied medical treatment.
Police say Varelas is a gang member in Moreno Valley. He has been charged with vehicle theft, felony evading, receiving stolen property, transportation of methamphetamine, violation of probation and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
car chase, car crash, arrest, inland empire news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 6 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
4 min ago