Inland Empire News
Suspected car thief leads authorities on chase in Moreno Valley
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who allegedly stole a car was arrested after leading police on a chase through the streets of Moreno Valley.
The pursuit began Friday night after police spotted a stolen vehicle near Ironwood Avenue and Heacock Street. When officers tried to stop the car, the driver, identified as 31-year-old Danny Varelas, gave chase.
Riverside County Sheriff's took over the chase shortly before Varelas collided with another car at Lasselle Street and Krameria Avenue. Varelas sustained minor injuries and was treated before he was taken to jail. Three young adults inside the other vehicle sustained minor abrasions but denied medical treatment.
Police say Varelas is a gang member in Moreno Valley. He has been charged with vehicle theft, felony evading, receiving stolen property, transportation of methamphetamine, violation of probation and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
car chase, car crash, arrest, inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 4 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre