Inland Empire News
Plea for help in murders of IE elderly women
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Three elderly women were killed in separate incidents when burglars invaded their homes. Now, San Bernardino police are offering rewards in hopes of solving the crimes.
Police say the murders of Josephine Frances Kelly, Mary Beth Blaskey and Wanda Lee Paulin are similar in nature, but stop short of calling their deaths linked.
All three women were killed in their homes while they were alone, and investigators say property was taken in all three cases. In the case of 76-year-old Blaskey, police say her Lexus was also stolen but later recovered.
Two years earlier, rings belonging to Paulin also went missing but have not been recovered. On Monday, Paulin's daughter Joanne Ballard started a letter campaign in hopes of getting Gov. Jerry Brown on board to approve a $50,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in her mother's murder.
"Two years and 26 days ago, I found my mother's body in her home. She was 86 years old, and she was the victim of violent homicide. The shock, disbelief, numbness and overwhelming sadness will always remain with me," Ballard said.
Anyone with information is urged to call the San Bernardino Police Department at (909) 384-5656.
murder, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 37 min ago
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA 4 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 45 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home 2 min ago
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 6.5-mag quake hits coast of Chile; No tsunami
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards 11 min ago