Inland Empire News
Ontario Mills food court accident leaves 10 hurt
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Several people were injured when a panel fell from the ceiling in the food court of the Ontario Mills shopping mall.
Firefighters who responded to the scene said an object that was six-feet wide and 12- to 15-feet long fell and hit people just before 2 p.m. The object was hanging from the ceiling in the recently remodeled food court area.
Ten people were injured, but only seven were taken to a local hospital. Authorities described most of the injuries as minor.
"I saw a guy that was like laying on the ground, got cracked in the head pretty hard," said Danny Badillo of Rancho Cucamonga.
Ontario Mills General Manager Marc Smith said in a statement, "A small piece of the architectural drop ceiling fell ... We are thoroughly investigating this matter as we remain committed to the safety of our shoppers, retailers and employees."
It was unclear if the recent renovations had anything to do with the accident.
san bernardino county, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 51 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 26 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead 34 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 19 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 20 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 17 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months