Inland Empire News
IE teacher's aide accused of sexual assault
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A teacher's aide in the Inland Empire is behind bars, accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female student.
Corona police arrested 22-year-old Steven Martinez of Norco on Monday. Martinez worked as an instructional aide with the Corona Norco Unified School District.
Police say he had befriended the girl and started communicating with her on social media sites before the alleged assault took place.
Detectives say he also sent inappropriate text messages to her. The girl's parents saw the messages and called police. Martinez is behind bars on $1 million bail.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Corona Police Department.
riverside county, sex crimes, school, inland empire news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 11 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 53 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker