Inland Empire News
IE teacher's aide accused of sexual assault
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A teacher's aide in the Inland Empire is behind bars, accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female student.
Corona police arrested 22-year-old Steven Martinez of Norco on Monday. Martinez worked as an instructional aide with the Corona Norco Unified School District.
Police say he had befriended the girl and started communicating with her on social media sites before the alleged assault took place.
Detectives say he also sent inappropriate text messages to her. The girl's parents saw the messages and called police. Martinez is behind bars on $1 million bail.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Corona Police Department.
riverside county, sex crimes, school, inland empire news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'