Inland Empire News
IE teacher's aide accused of sexual assault
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A teacher's aide in the Inland Empire is behind bars, accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female student.
Corona police arrested 22-year-old Steven Martinez of Norco on Monday. Martinez worked as an instructional aide with the Corona Norco Unified School District.
Police say he had befriended the girl and started communicating with her on social media sites before the alleged assault took place.
Detectives say he also sent inappropriate text messages to her. The girl's parents saw the messages and called police. Martinez is behind bars on $1 million bail.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Corona Police Department.
riverside county, sex crimes, school, inland empire news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 49 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke