Inland Empire News
Husband fatally shoots wife, self at Adelanto bus stop
ADELANTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A husband reportedly shot his wife, then himself after an argument at an Adelanto bus stop Friday morning.
Homicide investigators said the man and the woman were a married couple, 23 to 29 years old, living across the street from the scene.
Witnesses said the couple was having a heated argument about 11 a.m. Witnesses told authorities the man appeared to be arguing with the woman when he pulled out a gun, shot the woman, then himself.
The deceased individuals were identified as Daveon Stubblefield, 29, and Ashante Stubblefield, 23. Both were Adelanto residents.
Several people, including children, were at the bus stop at the time. City and school buses make stops at the bus stop.
Local school officials were on scene earlier Friday to ensure parents could get students to their appropriate locations. Children were diverted around the crime scene.
San Bernardino sheriff's homicide detectives have been investigating the scene since early Friday morning. One of the victims' mother was interviewed.
"Homicide detectives have since determined that they were a couple, they were married," said Cindy Bachman, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Dept. spokeswoman. "They were involved in an argument. During that argument the male pulled out a gun. He shot the female and then shot himself."
The uncovered bodies remained at the scene while the investigation continued early Friday evening.
shooting, homicide investigation, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 8 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 29 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour