Inland Empire News
Husband fatally shoots wife, self at Adelanto bus stop
ADELANTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A husband reportedly shot his wife, then himself after an argument at an Adelanto bus stop Friday morning.
Homicide investigators said the man and the woman were a married couple, 23 to 29 years old, living across the street from the scene.
Witnesses said the couple was having a heated argument about 11 a.m. Witnesses told authorities the man appeared to be arguing with the woman when he pulled out a gun, shot the woman, then himself.
The deceased individuals were identified as Daveon Stubblefield, 29, and Ashante Stubblefield, 23. Both were Adelanto residents.
Several people, including children, were at the bus stop at the time. City and school buses make stops at the bus stop.
Local school officials were on scene earlier Friday to ensure parents could get students to their appropriate locations. Children were diverted around the crime scene.
San Bernardino sheriff's homicide detectives have been investigating the scene since early Friday morning. One of the victims' mother was interviewed.
"Homicide detectives have since determined that they were a couple, they were married," said Cindy Bachman, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Dept. spokeswoman. "They were involved in an argument. During that argument the male pulled out a gun. He shot the female and then shot himself."
The uncovered bodies remained at the scene while the investigation continued early Friday evening.
shooting, homicide investigation, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Covina shooting: 3 injured, including minor 7 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 33 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 45 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K 26 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)