Inland Empire News
Caltrans worker hit by car on Highway 91
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Caltrans worker remains in critical condition after being hit by a car on Highway 91 in Riverside on Monday night.
Authorities say 32-year-old Enrique Lopez of Moreno Valley was driving his 1996 Honda Accord westbound on the freeway when he veered into the right shoulder near 14th Street and struck the 37-year-old worker, who was setting traffic cones for a closure at about 9:30 p.m.
The highway worker was rushed to a local hospital with major injuries.
Authorities say after the crash, Lopez fled the scene. He was found about a mile away on Central Avenue. Lopez was arrested for felony DUI and booked at Robert Presley Detention Center.
The off-ramp and the two right lanes of the 91 were temporarily closed. The accident remains under investigation.
riverside county, accident, dui, inland empire news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang 53 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting 37 min ago
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
46 min ago