Inland Empire News
Caltrans worker hit by car on Highway 91
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Caltrans worker remains in critical condition after being hit by a car on Highway 91 in Riverside on Monday night.
Authorities say 32-year-old Enrique Lopez of Moreno Valley was driving his 1996 Honda Accord westbound on the freeway when he veered into the right shoulder near 14th Street and struck the 37-year-old worker, who was setting traffic cones for a closure at about 9:30 p.m.
The highway worker was rushed to a local hospital with major injuries.
Authorities say after the crash, Lopez fled the scene. He was found about a mile away on Central Avenue. Lopez was arrested for felony DUI and booked at Robert Presley Detention Center.
The off-ramp and the two right lanes of the 91 were temporarily closed. The accident remains under investigation.
riverside county, accident, dui, inland empire news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 18 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 43 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 17 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 14 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 15 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors