Inland Empire News
Hemet teen's stabbing death: 3 arrests made
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Three arrests have been made in connection to the murder of a teenage boy in Hemet.
Detectives said 16-year-old Eric Sargeant Jr. was brutally stabbed to death late Monday afternoon after the suspects asked to use his cellphone and he refused.
Authorities arrested 20-year-old Francisco Zavala and a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old whose names were not released because of their age. All three live in East Hemet.
Zavala's bail has been set at $1 million. The teens were booked into juvenile hall on murder charges.
murder, riverside county, inland empire news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Mega Millions jackpot may exceed $400 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 32 min ago
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case 40 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
36 min ago