Inland Empire News
Hemet teen's stabbing death: 3 arrests made
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Three arrests have been made in connection to the murder of a teenage boy in Hemet.
Detectives said 16-year-old Eric Sargeant Jr. was brutally stabbed to death late Monday afternoon after the suspects asked to use his cellphone and he refused.
Authorities arrested 20-year-old Francisco Zavala and a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old whose names were not released because of their age. All three live in East Hemet.
Zavala's bail has been set at $1 million. The teens were booked into juvenile hall on murder charges.
murder, riverside county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 11 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 35 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 36 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants