Inland Empire News
Hemet teen's stabbing death: 3 suspects charged with murder
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Murder charges have been filed against three suspects in connection to the stabbing death of a teenage boy in Hemet.
Officials said 16-year-old Eric Sargeant Jr. was stabbed to death on Jan. 14 after the suspects asked to use his cellphone and he refused.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's office, 20-year-old Francisco Roy Zavala Jr. of Hemet, 17-year-old Francisco Siordia of San Jacinto, and 15-year-old Joseph Venegas of Hemet have each been charged with murder and a special circumstance of murder during the commission of a robbery. Zavala also has an enhancement alleged that he personally used a deadly weapon.
The two juveniles are being charged as adults, authorities said.
arrest, stabbing, riverside county, murder, inland empire news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 47 min ago
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 7 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
32 min ago