Inland Empire News
Hemet teen's stabbing death: 3 suspects charged with murder
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Murder charges have been filed against three suspects in connection to the stabbing death of a teenage boy in Hemet.
Officials said 16-year-old Eric Sargeant Jr. was stabbed to death on Jan. 14 after the suspects asked to use his cellphone and he refused.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's office, 20-year-old Francisco Roy Zavala Jr. of Hemet, 17-year-old Francisco Siordia of San Jacinto, and 15-year-old Joseph Venegas of Hemet have each been charged with murder and a special circumstance of murder during the commission of a robbery. Zavala also has an enhancement alleged that he personally used a deadly weapon.
The two juveniles are being charged as adults, authorities said.
arrest, stabbing, riverside county, murder, inland empire news
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 38 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 15 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler