Inland Empire News
Hemet teen's stabbing death: 3 suspects charged with murder
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Murder charges have been filed against three suspects in connection to the stabbing death of a teenage boy in Hemet.
Officials said 16-year-old Eric Sargeant Jr. was stabbed to death on Jan. 14 after the suspects asked to use his cellphone and he refused.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's office, 20-year-old Francisco Roy Zavala Jr. of Hemet, 17-year-old Francisco Siordia of San Jacinto, and 15-year-old Joseph Venegas of Hemet have each been charged with murder and a special circumstance of murder during the commission of a robbery. Zavala also has an enhancement alleged that he personally used a deadly weapon.
The two juveniles are being charged as adults, authorities said.
arrest, stabbing, riverside county, murder, inland empire news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors