Inland Empire News
Hemet teen's stabbing death: 3 suspects charged with murder
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Murder charges have been filed against three suspects in connection to the stabbing death of a teenage boy in Hemet.
Officials said 16-year-old Eric Sargeant Jr. was stabbed to death on Jan. 14 after the suspects asked to use his cellphone and he refused.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's office, 20-year-old Francisco Roy Zavala Jr. of Hemet, 17-year-old Francisco Siordia of San Jacinto, and 15-year-old Joseph Venegas of Hemet have each been charged with murder and a special circumstance of murder during the commission of a robbery. Zavala also has an enhancement alleged that he personally used a deadly weapon.
The two juveniles are being charged as adults, authorities said.
arrest, stabbing, riverside county, murder, inland empire news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC 39 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again