Inland Empire News
Redlands attempted kidnapping suspect arrested; more victims sought
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is in custody after allegedly trying to force a teenage girl into his car near Redlands East Valley High School.
Alfonso Ariel Hernandez Jr., 33, of Yucaipa was arrested Sunday after Yucaipa police found a red 1991 Geo Metro matching the description of the suspect's vehicle and notified Redlands police.
According to authorities, Hernandez approached several girls on their way to school Thursday and tried to force a 17-year-old girl into his car.
She was able to escape and notify authorities.
Hernandez was booked on charges of kidnapping and annoying/molesting a victim under 18 years old at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga. He is being held on $1 million bail.
Detectives believe the suspect may have targeted more victims.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect or alleged kidnapping was asked to contact Detective Andy Capps at (909) 798-7643 or Redlands police at (909) 798-7681.
arrest, san bernardino county, kidnap, school, inland empire news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested