Inland Empire News
Redlands attempted kidnapping suspect arrested; more victims sought
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is in custody after allegedly trying to force a teenage girl into his car near Redlands East Valley High School.
Alfonso Ariel Hernandez Jr., 33, of Yucaipa was arrested Sunday after Yucaipa police found a red 1991 Geo Metro matching the description of the suspect's vehicle and notified Redlands police.
According to authorities, Hernandez approached several girls on their way to school Thursday and tried to force a 17-year-old girl into his car.
She was able to escape and notify authorities.
Hernandez was booked on charges of kidnapping and annoying/molesting a victim under 18 years old at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga. He is being held on $1 million bail.
Detectives believe the suspect may have targeted more victims.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect or alleged kidnapping was asked to contact Detective Andy Capps at (909) 798-7643 or Redlands police at (909) 798-7681.
arrest, san bernardino county, kidnap, school, inland empire news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants