Inland Empire News
Man arrested for burglary at Redlands home
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- Redlands police responded to a report of a residential burglary in the 800 block of Brookside Avenue Tuesday.
A couple called police to report the burglary after discovering the suspect in their home shortly after noon.
Multiple officers arrived at the residence and located Matthew Wayne Gillespie, 24, coming out of the zanja near Palmbrook Drive and New York Street. He was apprehended after the victims identified Gillespie as the man they had seen inside their house. Police also recovered stolen property from the house in the backpack the suspect was carrying.
Gillespie was booked at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga for burglary and possession of stolen property. His bail was set at $75,000.
Anyone with additional information regarding the burglary was asked to contact Redlands Police Dispatch at (909) 798-7681.
arrest, burglary, home invasion, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 1 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 32 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 30 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker