Inland Empire News
Man arrested for burglary at Redlands home
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- Redlands police responded to a report of a residential burglary in the 800 block of Brookside Avenue Tuesday.
A couple called police to report the burglary after discovering the suspect in their home shortly after noon.
Multiple officers arrived at the residence and located Matthew Wayne Gillespie, 24, coming out of the zanja near Palmbrook Drive and New York Street. He was apprehended after the victims identified Gillespie as the man they had seen inside their house. Police also recovered stolen property from the house in the backpack the suspect was carrying.
Gillespie was booked at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga for burglary and possession of stolen property. His bail was set at $75,000.
Anyone with additional information regarding the burglary was asked to contact Redlands Police Dispatch at (909) 798-7681.
arrest, burglary, home invasion, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son