Inland Empire News
Soccer coach arrested for soliciting sex with student
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- A youth soccer coach was arrested Monday for soliciting a minor for sex and annoying or molesting a child.
Temecula resident Daniel Ryan Kelly, 26, is the Murrieta Valley High School junior varsity girls soccer coach, and a local soccer club coach. Kelly does not teach at the school.
On Sunday, Murrieta Police learned of an ongoing relationship between the suspect and a 16-year-old girl, a student athlete at the high school. Police conducted an investigation and arrested Kelly the next day.
Kelly was arraigned Wednesday and pleaded not guilty. He is scheduled for a felony settlement conference on February 6. He was held on $25,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing to determine if there are any additional victims. The Murrieta Police Department is asking anyone with information related to this investigation to contact Detective John Therien at (951)461-6346, or Detective Sergeant Phil Gomez at (951)461-6356. You can also provide information anonymously through "We Tip" at (800) 78-CRIME.
arrest, inland empire news
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 19 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 15 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 3 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)