Inland Empire News
Search for missing truck driver focused on Ontario backyard
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators searching for a missing Laguna Hills truck driver are focused on a home in Ontario. Foul play was suspected in the man's disappearance.
Oscar Contreras Escobar, a 29-year-old self-employed truck driver, has not been seen since August. He had finished his deliveries for the day, and someone dropped him off near the intersection of Foothill Boulevard and Mango Avenue in Fontana, and he hasn't been seen since.
The Orange County Sheriff's Department began their case in November, and now, Ontario police have taken over because they believe foul play in the city of Ontario may be involved.
On Wednesday morning, police decided they had enough information and evidence to serve a search warrant near the intersection of Palm Avenue and Maple Street. They have been out there for two full days.
Three people who were at the home were interviewed and released.
Police are using cadaver dogs in their search of the backyard and the inside of the home. Authorities are not saying exactly what they are looking for. When asked if they were looking for a body, investigators said it would be inappropriate to comment on that.
Authorities were expected to return to the house on Friday morning.
missing person, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 19 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
27 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
2 min ago