Inland Empire News
Lake Elsinore Police seek attempted kidnapping suspect
LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (KABC) -- Lake Elsinore Police were searching for an attempted-kidnapping suspect who tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl.
Officers responded Wednesday to a report of an attempted kidnapping that occurred about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
A suspect approached a 10-year-old girl near Nectarine Street and Rolando Road in Lake Elsinore. A light blue sedan reportedly began following her, then pulled up to her. A Hispanic man got out, told the girl to get in the car, and attempted to grab her.
Another vehicle drove past and the suspect got in his car and drove east on Nectarine St. The girl went home and told her parents about the incident.
The suspect was described as a thin Hispanic man in his 20s with no facial hair, wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans. He was driving a light blue four-door sedan. A composite sketch of the suspect was released.
Lake Elsinore Police said there would be an increase in patrols around schools.
The investigation is continuing and the Lake Elsinore Police Department is asking anyone with information or who may have witnessed the incident to contact Investigator Cornett at (951) 245-3300 or after hours and on weekends at (951) 776-1099.
inland empire news
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 33 min ago
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns 5 min ago
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments