Inland Empire News
Lake Elsinore Police seek attempted kidnapping suspect
LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (KABC) -- Lake Elsinore Police were searching for an attempted-kidnapping suspect who tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl.
Officers responded Wednesday to a report of an attempted kidnapping that occurred about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
A suspect approached a 10-year-old girl near Nectarine Street and Rolando Road in Lake Elsinore. A light blue sedan reportedly began following her, then pulled up to her. A Hispanic man got out, told the girl to get in the car, and attempted to grab her.
Another vehicle drove past and the suspect got in his car and drove east on Nectarine St. The girl went home and told her parents about the incident.
The suspect was described as a thin Hispanic man in his 20s with no facial hair, wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans. He was driving a light blue four-door sedan. A composite sketch of the suspect was released.
Lake Elsinore Police said there would be an increase in patrols around schools.
The investigation is continuing and the Lake Elsinore Police Department is asking anyone with information or who may have witnessed the incident to contact Investigator Cornett at (951) 245-3300 or after hours and on weekends at (951) 776-1099.
inland empire news
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- 2 people shot in Reseda, LAPD says 8 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)