Inland Empire News
Intoxicated pedestrian hit by car, killed in Fontana
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle in Fontana after he stumbled into the street, according to officials.
Daniel Flores, 30, was hit as he was walking northbound on Cherry Avenue from Southwood Drive around 9:49 p.m. Friday.
According to authorities, Flores and an unidentified friend were intoxicated. Officials said the pair were walking on the sidewalk when Flores stumbled into the street and was struck by a 2005 GMC Anvoy.
Responding paramedics pronounced Flores dead at the scene.
The victim's friend was cited for public intoxication.
The driver, who was traveling northbound on Cherry Avenue, stopped and is reportedly not facing any charges.
san bernardino county, car crash, inland empire news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 24 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA hospital 48 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting 11 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son