Inland Empire News
5-year-old struck, killed by car in Riverside; 3 other pedestrians injured
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 5-year-old girl was killed and three others were injured when they were struck by a driver in Riverside Monday evening.
The incident happened just before 5 p.m. in the area of Indiana Avenue and Racine Drive. Police said the four pedestrians were hit by a driver of a 1998 Nissan Sentra that was traveling westbound on Indiana Avenue.
The young girl was pronounced dead at the hospital. A 37-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 2-year-old girl were listed in in critical condition.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information was asked to contact detectives at (951) 826-8723.
riverside county, accident, inland empire news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 42 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 21 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 32 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke