Inland Empire News
5-year-old struck, killed by car in Riverside; 3 other pedestrians injured
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 5-year-old girl was killed and three others were injured when they were struck by a driver in Riverside Monday evening.
The incident happened just before 5 p.m. in the area of Indiana Avenue and Racine Drive. Police said the four pedestrians were hit by a driver of a 1998 Nissan Sentra that was traveling westbound on Indiana Avenue.
The young girl was pronounced dead at the hospital. A 37-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 2-year-old girl were listed in in critical condition.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information was asked to contact detectives at (951) 826-8723.
riverside county, accident, inland empire news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 36 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 7 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts