Inland Empire News
Mom, daughter killed in Nuevo; suspect sought
NUEVO, Calif. (KABC) -- Two women were killed Monday evening in Nuevo, and authorities are still searching for a suspect.
The women were attacked around 5 p.m. in the 29000 block of Central Avenue. Riverside County investigators said 25-year-old Connie Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene. Her mother, identified as 51-year-old Maria Gonzalez, was transported to Menifee Vallley Medical Center where she shortly succumbed to her injuries.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 18 and 20 years of age. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Detectives did not reveal how the victims were killed.
"Both of these females were brutally attacked at the scene, and we're working that, we're trying to find out who that suspect is," said Riverside County Sheriff's Captain Scot Colllins. "We don't know if it was a random attack or if it was targeted."
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Homicide Unit at (760) 393-3500.
riverside county, inland empire news, leo stallworth
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 36 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43 41 min ago
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role