Inland Empire News
Mom, daughter killed in Nuevo; suspect sought
NUEVO, Calif. (KABC) -- Two women were killed Monday evening in Nuevo, and authorities are still searching for a suspect.
The women were attacked around 5 p.m. in the 29000 block of Central Avenue. Riverside County investigators said 25-year-old Connie Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene. Her mother, identified as 51-year-old Maria Gonzalez, was transported to Menifee Vallley Medical Center where she shortly succumbed to her injuries.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 18 and 20 years of age. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Detectives did not reveal how the victims were killed.
"Both of these females were brutally attacked at the scene, and we're working that, we're trying to find out who that suspect is," said Riverside County Sheriff's Captain Scot Colllins. "We don't know if it was a random attack or if it was targeted."
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Homicide Unit at (760) 393-3500.
riverside county, inland empire news, leo stallworth
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 59 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 21 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video