Inland Empire News
Memorial service for slain Riverside officer scheduled for Wednesday
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Riverside community is mourning Riverside Police Officer Michael Crain, who was allegedly shot and killed by fugitive murder suspect Christopher Dorner, a former LAPD officer and Navy reservist.
A memorial service will be held Wednesday morning for Riverside Police Officer Michael Crain.
Services for the 34-year-old officer and former Marine are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. at Grove Community Church. All Riverside Police Department personnel are expected to be on hand to honor their fallen brother.
A number of people, including Riverside police Chief Sergio Diaz and members of Crain's family, will speak during the memorial. The service is expected to last until around noon, when Crain's remains will be borne to Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd.
Crain was an 11-year veteran of the Riverside Police Department and worked as a field training officer. He was with an officer trainee when Christopher Dorner allegedly ambushed the men early Thursday morning. That trainee has not been publicly identified yet, but he is expected to survive.
You can watch the memorial service live on abc7.com.
inland empire news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done 15 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 42 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 49 min ago
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 15 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine' 22 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry