Inland Empire News
Memorial service for slain Riverside officer scheduled for Wednesday
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Riverside community is mourning Riverside Police Officer Michael Crain, who was allegedly shot and killed by fugitive murder suspect Christopher Dorner, a former LAPD officer and Navy reservist.
A memorial service will be held Wednesday morning for Riverside Police Officer Michael Crain.
Services for the 34-year-old officer and former Marine are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. at Grove Community Church. All Riverside Police Department personnel are expected to be on hand to honor their fallen brother.
A number of people, including Riverside police Chief Sergio Diaz and members of Crain's family, will speak during the memorial. The service is expected to last until around noon, when Crain's remains will be borne to Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd.
Crain was an 11-year veteran of the Riverside Police Department and worked as a field training officer. He was with an officer trainee when Christopher Dorner allegedly ambushed the men early Thursday morning. That trainee has not been publicly identified yet, but he is expected to survive.
You can watch the memorial service live on abc7.com.
inland empire news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 9 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 29 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 50 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 16 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 14 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
3 min ago