Inland Empire News
$100K reward offered for Nuevo double-murder info
NUEVO, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- A $100,000 reward was approved Wednesday for information about the fatal stabbing of two women in Nuevo.
Maria and Connie Gonzalez were attacked and stabbed on the afternoon of Feb. 4. Connie, 25, and her mother Maria, 51, were walking on the 29000 block of Central Avenue when they were attacked by a suspect described as an 18-to-20-year-old Hispanic man wearing dark clothing.
Connie Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene. Maria Gonzalez was transported to Menifee Vallley Medical Center, where she died.
The Riverside County Board of Supervisors held a special meeting Wednesday and approved the reward money per Fifth District Supervisor Marion Ashley's request.
The amount of $100,000 was approved for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people involved in the double-murder. The board unanimously approved the reward.
A town hall meeting Thursday night held at the Bob Simpson gymnasium was attended by about 500 local residents concerned and upset by the murders.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's help. Persons with information about this incident should contact Investigator Josh Button of the Riverside County Sheriff's Central Homicide Unit at (760) 393-3531 or Investigator Steven Grassel of the Riverside County Sheriff's Hemet station at (951) 791-3405. Information may also be submitted anonymously at riversidesheriff.org on the following link: Sheriff's Homicide Tipline.
riverside county, murder, inland empire news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets 21 min ago
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film